Gardenia augusta

This plant of pure white flowers, i dedicate to my friend Meda from Sarajevo



The Gardenia augusta is a fragrant flowering evergreen tropical plant, a favorite in gardens worldwide. It originated in Asia and is most commonly found growing in Vietnam, Southern China, Taiwan and Japan. With its shiny green leaves and fragrant white summer flowers, it is widely used in gardens in warm temperate and subtropical climates. It has been in cultivation in China for at least a thousand years. Many varieties have been bred for horticulture, with low growing, and large- and long flowering forms.

2 comentaris:

Arija ha dit...

I wish your picture were a scratch and sniff. My Gardenia just died in our heat waver and it had buds on it just about to open.
Beautiful photos.

MedaM ha dit...

What a pleasant surprise for me! I am moved with this post. These charming flowers really make my day. Xavi, thank you from the bottom of my heart. :-))